Woohoo! Here comes another recipe post! As I have said in the past, I am not a crazy talented woman in the kitchen (Jake knew this before marrying me haha). Anything we are cooking is EASY and usually on the healthier side. The healthiest? Hell no. But dinner is almost always prepared with a healthy mindset!
So with that being said, I am sharing an EASY taco bowl recipe! I shared this recently on my Instagram and soo many of you DMed me for the recipe!! #Flattered. So I am sharing the recipe today for those who I did not get a chance to reply to!
Few things first- I do not eat tacos haha. Cheese, salsa, even the shells… just not my thing. I eat this meal in a bowl- just the rice, meat, and cauliflower. However, whenever I make this, Jake usually has taco shells/lettuce wraps and uses cheese and salsa for some easy tacos. This is a spicy meal! Especially if you are using the buffalo sauce! But I love spicy! So I go extra generous on the sauce. Alright, enough small talk. Lets just cut straight to the recipe haha.
Items you will you need:
- Jambalaya or Quinoa (Jamba is my all time fav rice)
- 2 pounds turkey meat (DO NOT get the leanest meat!! Get the 90% lean. The little bit of fat holds SOOO much more of the taco seasoning!! Aka more flavor!)
- Taco seasoning
- Cauliflower florets
- Buffalo sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is my SHIT)
If you are making tacos instead of the bowls, then add whatever you love to eat on tacos.
This recipe is seriously very simple! The rice is self explanatory, I hope, and same with the turkey meat. But I will give some brief instructions below!
- Begin my preheating the oven to 425.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Break the cauliflower florets into smaller pieces. The smaller the better.
- Drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower. Then use your hands to spread it more evenly. Make sure the cauliflower is completely covered in sauce, but avoid having puddles of sauce left on the tinfoil because this doesn’t allow the cauliflower to get crispy. Add a dash of pepper and place in the oven. Takes roughly 20-25 minutes.
- Start prepping the meat and rice as soon as the cauliflower is in the oven!
- Heat a pan to medium heat. Add the two pounds of turkey meat and let it start to brown.
- Once the meat starts to burn out the fat (the juices) add A LOT of taco seasoning. I prefer the packets. I usually add one packet per pound. But we have this shaker so I used it instead.
- Continue to brown the meat and chop into small pieces.
- Simultaneously as you are doing the meat, you should start the rice! I mean…you should be able to follow the directions on the box.. lol. It is usually it is all very similar!
- Sometimes I will broil the cauliflower RIGHT at the end for only 3 minutes to get it more crispy. Just depends how hungry I am and if I can wait that much longer!
If you followed all my steps, then all three components should finish at the same time! Once done, grab a bowl. First add the rice, and then the meat, and then top it off with the cauliflower. Mix it all together and DIG IN. Make sure you have water near by because it is spicy!
This is legit my favorite meal to eat. I love it because it is even better for lunch the following day! It is easy, healthier than Bdubs (I crave the spicy aspect haha), and so delicious! Not everyone will love the buffalo cauliflower. So try adding that as a side to see if you enjoy it first! I hope you enjoy this meal half as much as I do!